Various common diseases can be prevented as well as treated with effective home remedies. Constipation is one of them. Look for organically grown herbs and make sure that they are fresh. They contain several potent natural antibiotics that in some cases work better than what you buy from a store. So try some do-it-yourself natural treatments before you head to a doctor when you suffer from constipation.
Here are proven natural cures that can treat constipation
- Take a glass of hot water with a teaspoon of honey and half a lemon juice first thing in the morning.
- Soak six to eight dates in a cup of water at night. Churn the dates in the mixer in the morning and drink it first thing in the morning.
- Consume 250 grams of grapes every day. When grapes are not in season, soak 12-15 raisins in water and have them. Raisins should be soaked for 24 hours and eaten on empty stomach in the morning. Drink the water in which they are soaked.
- Eat few liquorice (mulathi) sticks. It is a natural laxative.
- Soak six to eight raisins (depending upon the age of the child) in hot water. When cool, crush and strain. It helps to regulate bowel movement when given on a regular basis.
- Consume six to eight apricots daily.
- Eating one to two bananas a day can keep constipation at bay.
- Consumption of two cucumber everyday can prevent and treat constipation.
- Vegetables loaded with roughage like carrot, radish, cabbage and spinach should be consumed.
- Eat fruits instead of juice.
- Avoid consuming processed foods and encourage eating whole grain food.
- Taking two teaspoons of isabgol in milk or warm water as first thing in morning is very beneficial.
- Mix half teaspoon honey to 1 ½ cup of warm water. Consume it two-three times a day.
These home remedies prevent or cure constipation effectively. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. Natural treatments are healthier options.