aparajit chakraborty   
KOLKATA, 14 JUNE: Mr Surya Kumar Bose, grand nephew of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, is visiting Japan to get documents regarding Netaji’s sudden disappearance. Yesterday Mr Bose left for Tokyo, where he is slated to meet family members of those who knew Netaji or had worked with him.
Mr Bose will try to collect information, documents, photos and personal accounts about the iconic leader from the Japanese government 
During his one-week stay in Japan, Mr Bose plans to seek the help of Japanese government in declassifying the remaining documents which could unearth the mystery of Netaji’s disappearance. Mr Bose would meet Mr Yuji Hara, a representative of the Japan India Association, Mr Motoyuki Negeshi, whose father was Netaji’s secretary in Japan, besides meeting Ms Keiko Higuchi, the grand-daughter of Rash Behari Bose. Mr Bose also hopes to obtain details of the history of the Indian National Army.  
Earlier, 50 family members of the great leader had requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Chief Ministers of various states for declassification of all secret files concerning the iconic leader. The Japan India Association will organise a reception and hold a discussion on Netaji’s disappearance with Mr Bose, along with the Indian community.
On 19 June, Mr Bose will visit the Renkoji Temple, where the disappearance of Netaji on 18 August 1945, will be discussed.
Mr Bose is expected to make the point that the ashes kept in the Renkoji Temple are not Netaji’s.
In 1957 Mr Bose’s father and Netaji’s nephew, the late Amiya Nath Bose, had also gone to Japan to collect information, documents, photos, films and personal accounts about Netaji’s fight against the British with the assistance of the Japanese government.  
Mr Bose said five decades ago his father had visited Japan where he was given  a warm reception by the then Japanese foreign minister Mamoru higemitsu. Shigemitsu had addressed Netaji as ‘Hero of Asia.’  
In 1941 Netaji had escaped from India to seek international support for India’s freedom struggle. In 1945 he went missing after organising the Indian National Army with Japanese help. 
“We have been trying to ascertain whose ashes are kept in Japan and from where it came,” said Mr Chandra Kumar Bose, a member of the Bose family.
Netaji’s family doubts the official reports that the freedom fighter had died in a plane crash on 18 August 1945, exactly three days after Japan unconditionally surrendered to the Allied forces to bring the curtain down on World
War II.