Want to try some salty snacks this holi. Try these tasty yet simple mouthwatering recipes.
4 cups rice
1 cup skinless split black gram
2 cups bhajanee flour
2 tablespoons Nutralite Table Spread
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Oil for deep-frying
· For the bhajanee flour, dry-roast the rice and black gram separately. Cool completely and grind separately to a powder. Si both the ‑ours and mix.
· Place two cups of bhajanee flour in a bowl. Add Nutralite Table Spread, salt, cumin powder and chilli powder, and mix well. Divide the mixture in half. Take one half and knead into a soft dough with half a cup of water. When the dough is used up, make a dough of the remaining flour.
· Put small portions of the mixture into a chakli mould and press out several chakli onto a plastic sheet.
· Heat sucient oil in a non-stick kadai till moderately hot. Deep-fry the chakli till light golden brown and crisp.
· Drain on absorbent paper and set aside to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Chef&’s Tip – Add 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds to the dough for special occasions.
2 cups refined flour
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon carom seeds
1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
5 tablespoons Nutralite Table Spread
Oil for deep frying
· Place the flour in a bowl and add the salt, carom seeds and dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
· Add five tablespoons of Nutralite Table Spread and mix well. Add sufficient cold water and knead into hard dough. Cover and rest the dough for fifteen minutes.
· Divide the dough into twenty-four equal balls and flatten them slightly. Roll each ball thinly into small puri and fold in half and then fold again to make a triangle. Stick a clove at one corner making it appear like a paan.
· Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Slide in the mathris, a few at a time, and deep fry on medium heat till golden and crisp.
· You can also make these in round shapes. Lightly prick them with a fork so that the mathris do not rise like puris.
· Drain on absorbent paper. Cool completely. Store in airtight tins.