Republic Day 2019 Parade Rehearsal: The full dress rehearsal for the Republic Day Parade 2019 will be held on Wednesday, January 23. Delhi Police has made elaborate traffic arrangements for smooth conduct of the parade along the route.
According to an advisory released by the Delhi Police, the rehearsal will have the same route as that of the Parade on Republic Day on January 26. It will start at 9.50 am from Vijay Chowk and will proceed to the Red Fort.
Republic Day 2019 Parade route
Vijay Chowk – Rajpath C Hexagon Outer Road upto Tilak Marg – Bahadurshah Zafar Marg – Netaji Subhas Marg – Red Fort
Republic Day 2019 Parade rehearsal: Metro arrangements
Metro services will be available for commuters at all stations but there will be no boarding and de-boarding facility at Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan Metro Stations from 5 am till 12 noon.
— Delhi Traffic Police (@dtptraffic) January 22, 2019
Republic Day 2019 Parade rehearsal: Traffic restrictions
* No traffic on Rajpath from Vijay Chowk to India Gate from 6 pm on 22 January till the parade is over
* No cross traffic on Rajpath from 11 pm on 22 January on Rafi Marg, Janpath and Man Singh Road till parade is over
* C Hexagon-India Gate will be closed from 9 am on 23 January till parade crosses Tilak Marg
* From 10 am on 23 January, traffic on Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg and Subhas Marh will not be allowed on both directions. Cross traffic will be allowed depending on the movement of the parade
The Delhi Traffic Police has requested road users to plan their journey in advance and avoid the parade route from 9 am to 12.30 pm on 23 January..
No light goods and heavy transport vehicles will be allowed to enter Delhi from borders from 10 pm Tuesday, January 22, till the Parade is over. No light goods and heavy transport vehicle will be allowed to ply between ISBT Sarai Kale Khan and ISBT Kashmiri Gate on the Ring Road from 7.30 am to 1.30 pm on Wednesday, January 23.
Republic Day 2019 Parade rehearsal: Suggested routes
The Delhi Traffic Police has advised commuters to use the following routes if a journey is unavoidable. Those going to railway stations have been advised to keep sufficient extra time in hand to reach their destination to avoid any delay.
NORTH –SOUTH CORRIDOR
* Ring Road – Ashram Chowk – Sarai Kale Khan – I.P. Flyover – Rajghat – Ring Road
* From Madarsa – Lodhi Road ‘T’ point – Aurobindo Marg – AIIMS Chowk –Ring Road – Dhaula Kuan – Vande Matram Marg – Shankar Road – Park Street or Mandir Marg.
EAST- WEST CORRIDOR
* Ring Road – Bhairon Road – Mathura Road – Lodhi Road – Aurobindo Marg – AIIMS Chowk – Ring Road – Dhaula Kuan – Vande Matram Marg – Shankar Road – Park Street or Mandir Marg.
* Ring Road- Boulevard Road- Barf Khana Chowk – Rani Jhansi Flyover- Faiz Road – Vande Matram Marg – R/A Shankar Road.
* Ring Road – ISBT – Chnadgi Ram Akhara – IP College – Mall Road – Azadpur – Punjabi Bagh.
FOR NEW DELHI RAILWAY STATION
* From South Delhi:- Dhaula Kuan – Vande Matram Marg – Panchkuian Road -Outer Circle Connaught Place – Chelmsford Road for Paharganj side or Minto Road- Bhavbhuti Marg for Ajmeri Gate side.
* From East Delhi:- Boulevard Road via ISBT Bridge – Rani Jhansi Flyover – R/A Jhandewalan – DB Gupta Road- Sheela Cinema Road- Paharganj Bridge and reach New Delhi Rly Station.
FOR OLD DELHI RAILWAY STATION
* From South Delhi:- Ring Road – Ashram Chowk – Sarai Kale Khan – Ring Road – Rajghat – Ring Road – Chowk Yamuna Bazar – S.P. Mukherjee Marg – Chhatta Rail – Kauria Bridge and reach Old Delhi Rly. Station.
Republic Day 2019 Parade rehearsal: Bus terminating points
According to the Delhi Traffic Police advisory, movement of the city bus services will be curtailed at these 10 following points:
1. Park Street/Udyan Marg
2. Aram Bagh Road (Paharganj)
3. R/A Kamla Market
4. Delhi Sachivalaya (IG Stadium)
5. Pragati Maidan (Bhairon Road)
6. Hanuman Mandir (Yamuna Bazar)
7. Mori Gate
8. ISBT Kashmiri Gate
9. ISBT Sarai Kale Khan
10. Tis Hazari Court