The Congress leaders extended support to the proposed one-time settlement scheme at the meeting.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has agreed to join the investigation in the case of alleged assault on Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash.
In a letter addressed to Station House Officer of Civil Lines Police Station, the Chief Minister said he would be available at 5 pm on Friday at his camp office.
On Wednesday, the police had sent him a notice to join the investigation on Friday at 11 am.
As per media reports, Delhi CM Kejriwal has also informed the police that he will video record the proceedings. He wrote to the police that if they have issues with him video recording the proceedings, they can make arrangements and provide him the video after the questioning is over, the police said.
Prakash was allegedly assaulted during a meeting at Kejriwal’s official residence on February 19.
Police have already questioned 11 AAP MLAs, who were present at the chief minister’s residence for the meeting. Two MLAs Amantullah Khan and Prakash Jarwal were arrested in the case.
Last month, Kejriwal’s private secretary Bibhav Kumar was also questioned in connection with the case.
On February 23, a police team had examined the CCTV system installed at the Chief Minister’s residence in the Civil Lines area and seized the hard disk. The forensic report on the hard disk is still awaited.
“The conspiracy of assault on Prakash was hatched at Kejriwal’s residence so it was no surprise that he would be questioned by the police,” said Vijender Gupta, BJP legislator and Leader of Opposition in the Delhi Assembly.
“The chief minister should cooperate in investigation instead of indulging in politics over it,” Gupta said.
The alleged assault on the Chief Secretary had triggered a bitter tussle between the Delhi government and its bureaucracy.
(With agency inputs)