Happy Bhai Dooj 2018: Celebrated two days after Diwali Amavasya, Bhai Dooj is one of the most prominent Hindu festivals that celebrates the beautiful bond shared by sisters and brothers. On this day, a sister applies tilak on the forehead of her brothers, praying for their long life and good fortune.
This year, Bhai Dooj will be celebrated on 9 November, Friday.
Bhai Dooj is very similar to Raksha Bandhan when sisters pray for the brothers’ longevity and the latter vow to protect the former. Gifts are exchanged and a feast follows.
Don’t miss out on wishing your friends and family on the occasion. Here is a compilation of images and messages that you can share on the occasion of Bhai Dooj 2018.
* You, my sister, are my best friend. You have stood by me through thick and thin, you celebrate with me when I am happy, cheer me up when I am low. Thanks for being there whenever I need you. Happy Bhai Dooj!
Your dear brother
* Bhaier kopale dilam phonta,
Jomer duare porlo kaanta…
Happy Bhai Phonta!
* I wish I could be with you today, dear sister, but my heart will always be there with you wherever I am, or wherever you are. Have a blessed Bhai Dooj!
* Praying for your long life and good health on this Bhai Dooj and always, dear Bhaiya! Have a happy Bhaiya Dooj!
* Like Yamuna and Yamraj, and Subhadra and Krishna, our love has grown leaps and bounds with time. Happy Bhaiya Dooj, Dear Bhai!
* May God bless you with long life, success and good fortune this Bhai Dooj and always!
* Dear Little Sister,
You have been my best friend,
My buddy, my bosom pal,
You give me the reason to smile
I wish this bond stays the same forever!
Happy Bhai Dooj!
* Dear Sister,
You are someone I always admire and look up to;
Thank you for being the quintessential elder sister!
With lots of love,
wishing you a
Happy Bhai Dooj!