India on Friday asserted that it had not noticed any military build-up by China close to the Doklam plateau, the scene of nearly 70-day stand-off between the two countries earlier this year.
‘’We have not noticed any new development at the face-off site or its vicinity since 26 August disengagement. Status quo prevails there,’’ External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said in response to a question.
He said maintenance of peace and tranquility in the border areas was an important prerequisite for the development of relations between the two countries.
New Delhi’s statement came days ahead of the Russia-India-China (RIC) Foreign Ministers’ meeting to be held in New Delhi on Monday. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will lead his country’s delegation at the meeting.
This will be the first visit by a top Chinese official to India since the Doklam stand-off which brought the two countries close to military confrontation.