Shri Rajput Karni Sena, which has been opposing the Bollywood film Padmaavat, has claimed that it didn’t have any role in the attack on a school bus in Gurgaon. Karni Sena chief Lokendra Singh Kalvi has, reportedly, alleged that the team of film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali was behind the attack.
“Our image is being tarnished by levelling false allegations… We are ready to face any kind of probe in this incident, be it judicial or CBI.”
“We can never think of attacking innocent, sweet-looking kids. I repeat that Rajputs can never make such an attack, neither can any Hindu, as our religion never teaches us to do such cowardly acts,” Kalvi told media.
He said that the attack was engineered by Bhansali and his associates.
“After 24 hours of the incident, the Delhi Police has also said that they are investigating the case and in initial probe, it seems that Rajput Karni Sena was not involved and that the act had been done to trigger tension on caste grounds,” he alleged.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday had condemned the attack saying after attacking “Muslims and Dalits”, these forces are now “coming after our children.” Speaking at the state-level event to celebrate Republic Day at the Chhatrasal Stadium, Kejriwal called the incident a “matter of shame for entire nation.”
The movie starring Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh released nationwide on 25 January. However, theatre owners of many states didn’t screen the film saying that the it might disturb the law and order situation.
Asked about the response of the success of “janata curfew”, Kalvi said: “I am happy to share that ‘janata curfew’ has been successful. Even in Maharashtra, the movie was not screened at all places. Several states said ‘no’ to the film, which reflects the success of ‘janata curfew’.”
He declared that the protests would continue till the film was banned across India, though on Republic Day, there would be no protests anywhere.
(With IANS inputs)