Follow Us:

Kamlesh Balmiki body 2 days old, bears no marks, says post-mortem

Viscera samples sent for further forensic analysis; no signs of forced entry into house, say police

Swati Sharma | Meerut |

The post-mortem report of former Samajawadi Party MP from Bulandshahar Kamlesh Balmiki, whose body was recovered from his home in Khurja area of Bulandshahr district on Monday evening, has come and says he died at least two days ago.

The post-mortem report also said no marks were found on the deceased MP’s body. Viscera samples from the body have been sent to a forensic lab for further analysis, which may clear the mystery behind his death, said Khurja Circle Officer Gopal Singh.

He said the family of the Kamlesh Balmiki had given a letter to the police demanding thorough investigation into the case to ascertain the cause of his death.

The former MP had returned from Pilakhua on Saturday evening. After a brief chat with his children who live in a separate house, Balmiki went to sleep in his house in Burj Usmaan locality of Khurja town, said Singh, adding that the former MP lived alone in his house. On Saturday, he had gone to sleep after locking the main gate and entrance to the house.

READ | Former SP MP Kamlesh Balmiki found dead in UP home

When the family members did not hear from him throughout Sunday, they reached Balmiki’s house on Monday evening and broke the lock of the main gate. On entering the house, they said, they were shocked to see a motionless Balmimi lying on his bed. He was not alive. The shocked family members then called the police, when sent the body for post-mortem and started investigations.

The police said forensic experts collected samples and sent the viscera for tests, adding that the investigation so far found no signs of a forced entry into the house. “There are also no marks on the dead body. The forensic report may help the police in its investigation,” said Singh.

Kamlesh Balmiki contested the 2009 Lok Sabha election from Bulandshahr seat on a Samajwadi Party ticket and won. He remained MP from 2009 to 2014.