He further spoke about the need to attract young students toward science to strengthen the scientific acumen in the coming generation.
CSIR UGC NET examination: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and University Grants Commission has started the online application process for the National Eligibility Test 2019. The candidates should apply online on the official website-csirhrdg.res.in. The CSIR UGC NET 2019 will be conducted on June 16, 2019.
Dates to remember:
• Online application starts: February 25, 2019
• Online application ends: March 18, 2019
• CSIR-UGC NET examination: June 16, 2019
• General (UR) and OBC candidates should have M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for and SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates will require atleast 50% marks.
• General category: Rs 1000
• OBC category: Rs 500
• SC/ST/PwD: Rs 250
• All the candidates applying should not be more than 28 years old for JRF(NET).
• There is no upper age limit for Lectureship (NET).
• Life Sciences & Physical Sciences examination will be conducted in the morning session from 9 AM to 12 PM.
• Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences examination will be conducted in the evening session from 2 PM to 5 PM.
• The examination will be conducted for 3 hours and the total marks will be 200.
• For more information, the candidates should check the official notification here.