He further spoke about the need to attract young students toward science to strengthen the scientific acumen in the coming generation.
CSIR UGC NET 2019: The last date for online registration for the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research UGC NET examinations has been extended. Earlier, the last date to apply was March 18 and now been extended to March 22. The candidates should apply online on the official website.
The CSIR UGC NET examination will be conducted on June 16, 2019.
According to the official website, “The last date for submission of online applications has been extended from March 18 to March 22, 2019”
Dates to remember:
• Online application ends: March 22, 2019
• CSIR-UGC NET examination: June 16, 2019
• General (UR) and OBC candidates should have M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55 percent marks.
• For SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates, the minimum requirement is atleast 50 percent marks.
• General category: Rs 1000
• OBC category: Rs 500
• SC/ST/PwD: Rs 250
• All the candidates applying should not be more than 28 years old for JRF (NET).
• There is no upper age limit for Lectureship (NET).
• Life Sciences & Physical Sciences examination: Morning session from 9 AM to 12 PM.
• Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences examination: Evening session from 2 PM to 5 PM.
• The examination will be conducted for 3 hours and the total marks will be 200.
• For more information, the candidates should check the official notification here.