India continues to be an important market for global technology brand OnePlus and the company aims to operate with approximately 50,000 mainline retailer stores in the country in 2024, a top company executive said on Wednesday.
April Fools Day never fails to excite. People of all age groups indulge in playing pranks as has been the tradition. It’s not exactly about fooling those around you but having a healthy, hearty dose of fun.
Lately, the trend has caught up with the corporate, where they go all out and have fun with their consumers as well.
Here are 5 great pranks played by some of the biggest names on April Fools Day, 2019:
1. Avis India: The global car hire service provider pranked its customers while giving them a perk. Few customers of Avis were surprised with the delivery of BMWs cars instead of the originally ordered cars and were demanded Rs 50,000 extra on delivery. Post revealing the prank, lucky ones were given the free upgrade.
2. Ola: Ola cab services came up with its on the go washrooms; washrooms in the car for the busy individuals by the name of #OlaRestrooms. A video introducing the same was launched by them. Though a convincing video, the prank was soon revealed.
3. Kingfisher: The beer company announced its new instant beer powder on the occasion of April Fool’s Day. The announcement of the new #Refreshing #Non-Alcoholic drink was made by owner Mr Mallya along with the company’s official website, to give the prank more depth.
4. OnePlus: China-based smartphone maker OnePlus came up with its own surprise element. The mobile company announced the coming up its electric cars with Co-Founder revealing the image. The teaser came with a hidden message which reads ‘Yes, we do cars now’.
5. Mc Donald’s: Mc Donald’s India came up with its prank of the year with a glowing dark green burger with a pink patty in between. The obvious prank was tweeted as, “Hey night owls, eating in the dark won’t be a problem anymore! #ComingSoon #Maybe.”