In a recent turn of events, a major fire broke out at the residence of Indian pace bowler S Sreesanth in Kochi on Saturday. The fire officials have confirmed the report adding that no one has been injured in the incident.

While Sreesanth was in Mumbai shooting for a film, his family and domestic helps were inside the residence when the fire broke out at nearly 2 am.

Courtesy an alert neighbour, who saw the fire and smoke emerging out of the residence and called fire officials immediately, the fire brigade was able to douse the fire and evacuate the people present inside the house. The fire officials broke open a glass ventilator to rescue the people.

Sreesanth later told reporters that the fire broke out in the drawing-room situated in the ground floor. Luckily, everyone in the house were present on the first floor. It is being speculated that a short circuit in a ceiling fan might have caused the fire.

Meanwhile, Sreesanth’s family has been moved out of the residence and are waiting for his return. The Kerala speedster has 87 Wickets to his name in 27 Test matches for India. He has also been part of two World Cup-winning teams- the 2007 World T20 Winning team and the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 Team. However, he was then banned for life after his alleged involvement in a spot-fixing during the Indian Premier League in 2013.

Earlier in the week, Sreesanth’s ban was reduced to seven years after BCCI Ombudsman Justice DK Jain decided to put an end to his suspension on 12 September 2020.