Shubho Bijoya 2018: It’s time already for Goddess Durga to return her abode. With the victory of good over evil, as thew Goddess slays demon Mahishasur, Vijaya Dashami marks peace descending on earth. In Bengal, where Durga Puja is the biggest festival, this auspicious victory is referred to as Shubho Bijoya, and the celebrations continue even after the Durga Puja ends.
This auspicious period begins right after the visarjan (immersion of the idols) and continues till Diwali. After bidding adieu to the Mother Goddess, as per the custom, people hug each other and distribute sweets. The younger generation touches the feet of their elders and seek blessings. The celebrations continue as the Bengali community spends these 20-odd days meeting up with friends, relatives and acquaintances. They visit each other’s homes and exchange Shubho Bijoya greetings.
Here are some wishes, messages and images you can share with your Bengali friends.
Shubho Bijoya wishes and greetings
* Shubho Bijoyar priti o shubhechha!
* As Goddess Durga returns to her abode, here’s wishing he leaves behind all the good luck and happiness for the humanity. Shubho Bijoya!
* Happy Vijaya Dashami! May Maa Durga bless you with happiness and success all year through!
* May Maa Durga’s blessings guide you to follow the right path and help you succeed in your endeavours. Shubho Bijoya!
* May this auspicious day bring joy and prosperity. Wishing you a joyous Vijaya Dashami! Shubho Bijoya!
Shubho Bijoya images to share