UPSC recruitment 2018: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared a notification regarding recruitment for posts of Administrative Officer in Geological Survey of India. Candidates can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in/ to apply for the posts.
The total number of posts available is 16. Candidates should note that UPSC has decided to conduct a Computer Based Recruitment Test on September 23 to select the candidates.
• The time duration of the exam will be of 2 hours with every question carrying equal marks.
• The test will have objective type questions with equal marks.
• The question paper will be divided into 2 parts with Part A set in English and Part B set in English and Hindi.
• Every wrong answer will carry a penalty of one-third of marks of that question.
• The test will be a total of 300 marks.
• The reporting time of the candidates at the examination centre is 12:30 pm.
• The test will be conducted on September 23, 2018, from 2 pm to 4 pm. Details of the examination:
PART A: General English
The first part aims to test the understanding of English language and vocabulary of the candidate.
PART B: General Ability
The second part aims to test the candidate’s general awareness about the following topics:
• Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
• Indian Union and International Affairs including Current Affairs
• General Science
• Computer Awareness & Basic knowledge of office automation software such as WORD/EXCEL
• General Mental Ability
• Office Management and Procedure
The candidates can view the official notification here-http://upsc.gov.in//sites/default/files/Addndm-16-AdmnOfcr-GSI-Eng_0.pdf