Republic Day Parade 2019: Elaborate traffic arrangements and restrictions have been put in place in Delhi for smooth conduct of the Republic Day parade that starts from Vijay Chowk and culminates at Red Fort grounds.
Republic Day 2019 Traffic Advisory
The Republic Day Parade will start at 9.50 am from Vijay Chowk and proceed towards Red Fort grounds, passing through India Gate where the main function will start at 9 am.
Republic Day Parade route
Vijay Chowk – Rajpath – ‘C’-Hexagon – Tilak Marg – Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg –Netaji Subhash Marg – Red Fort.
Republic Day Traffic Restrictions
To facilitate smooth passage of the parade, movement of traffic on certain roads will be restricted:
- No traffic on Rajpath from Vijay Chowk to India Gate from 6 PM on 25 January till the parade is over.
- No cross traffic on Rajpath from 11 PM on 25 January on Rafi Marg, Janpath, Man Singh Road till the parade is over.
- ‘C’-Hexagon-India Gate will be closed for traffic from 2 AM on 26 January till the parade crosses Tilak Marg.
- From 10 AM on 26 January, traffic on Tilak Marg, BSZ Marg and Subhash Marg will not be allowed on both directions. Cross traffic will only be allowed depending upon the movement of the parade.
The Delhi Traffic Police has requested commuters to plan their journey in advance accordingly, avoiding the parade route from 2 am to 12.30 pm.
Traffic Arrangements – Republic Day Celebrations on 26Th January, 2018 pic.twitter.com/gfbKoA0byH
— Delhi Traffic Police (@dtptraffic) January 25, 2018
Republic Day: Suggested alternative routes for commuters
If a journey is unavoidable, commuters can take the following routes:
- Ring Road – Ashram Chowk – Sarai Kale Khan – I.P. Flyover – Rajghat –Ring Road
- From Madarsa – Lodhi Road ‘T’ point – Aurobindo Marg – AIIMS Chowk –Ring Road – Dhaula Kuan – Vande Matram Marg – Shankar Road – Park Street or Mandir Marg.
- Ring Road – Bhairon Road – Mathura Road – Subramaniam Bharti Marg – Rajesh Pilot Marg – Prithvi Raj Road – Safdarjung Road –Kamal Ataturk Marg–Panchsheel Marg –Simon Boliver Marg –Upper Ridge Road/ Vande Matram Marg
- Ring Road – ISBT – Chandgi Ram Akhara – Mall Road – Azad Pur – Ring Road
- Ring Road – Bhairon Road – Mathura Road – Lodhi Road – Aurobindo Marg –Safdarjung Road –Teen Murti Marg –Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street –Shankar Road –Vande Matram Marg
For New Delhi Railway Station
From South Delhi: Dhaula Kuan – Vande Matram Marg – Panchkuian Road -Outer Circle Connaught Place – Chelmsford Road for Paharganj side or Minto Road- Bhavbhuti Marg for Ajmeri Gate side.
From East Delhi:- Boulevard Road via ISBT Bridge – Rani Jhansi Flyover -R/A Jhandewalan – D.B. Gupta Road- Sheela Cinema Road- Paharganj Bridge and reach New Delhi Rly Station.
For Old Delhi Railway Station
From South Delhi: Ring Road – Ashram Chowk – Sarai Kale Khan – Ring Road – Rajghat – Ring Road – Chowk Yamuna Bazar – S.P. Mukherjee Marg- Chhatta Rail – Kauria Bridge and reach Old Delhi Rly. Station.
There will be no restriction for people from North Delhi going towards New Delhi Railway Station or Old Delhi Railway Station, says the Delhi Traffic Police, but people are advised to plan their journey in advance keeping sufficient extra time in hand to avoid any possible delay.
Bus Terminating Points
Movement of the city bus services will be curtailed at the following points:
- Park Street/Udyan Marg
- Aram Bagh Road (Pahar Ganj)
- R/A Kamla Market.
- Delhi Sachivalaya (IG Stadium)
- Pragati Maidan (Bhairon Road)
- Hanuman Mandir (Yamuna Bazar)
- Mori Gate
- ISBT Kashmiri Gate
- ISBT Sarai Kale Khan
- Tis Hazari Court
Inter State Buses:
- Buses from Ghaziabad bound for Shivaji Stadium shall take NH-24, Ring Road and terminate at Bhairon Road.
- Buses coming from NH-24 shall take right turn on Road No. 56 and terminate at ISBT Anand Vihar.
- Buses coming from Ghaziabad side will be diverted at Mohan Nagar towards Bhopra Chungi for Wazirabad Bridge.
- All Inter State buses coming from Dhaula Kuan side shall terminate at Dhaula Kuan.
Metro Rail services will be available for commuters at all Metro stations during the Republic Day Parade on 26th January. However, boarding and de-boarding will not be permitted at some of the stations during a particular duration. Check out the schedule below.
Metro stations where boarding/de-boarding not allowed
Kendriya Sachivalaya: From 5.00 AM till 1200 Noon on 26.01.19.
Udyog Bhawan: From 5.00 AM till 1200 Noon on 26.01.19.
Lok Kalyan Marg (Race Course ): From 8.45 AM to 1200 Noon on 26.01.19.
Patel Chowk: From 8.45 AM to 1200 Noon on 26.01.19.
No HTV/LGV will be allowed to enter Delhi from borders from 2200 hrs on 25.01.19 till the Parade is over.
No HTV/LGV will be allowed to ply between I.S.B.T. Sarai Kale Khan and I.S.B.T. Kashmiri Gate on Ring Road from 0730 hrs to 1330 hrs on 26.01.19.
No TSR and Taxi will be allowed to enter or ply after 0700 hours on 26.01.2019 in the Area bound by:
Mother Teresa Crescent – Baba Kharak Singh Marg –Ashoka Road up to r/a Patel Chowk – Sansad Marg up to Tolstoy Marg up to – Tolstoy Marg up to Kasturba Gandhi Marg – Kasturba Gandhi Marg up to Ferozeshah Road – Ferozeshah Road up to R/A Mandi House–Bhagwan Dass Road – Mathura Road – Subramaniam Bharti Marg – Humayun Road – A.P.J Abdul Kalam Marg – Kamal Ata Turk Marg – Kautilya Marg and Sardar Patel Road (Excluding).
Instructions to Public
The Delhi Traffic Police has issues following instructions for the public to ensure safety of all on Republic Day.
- Inform the nearest policeman on duty if any unidentified object or suspicious person is spotted.
- No flying of sub-conventional aerial platforms like para-gliders, para-motors, hang gliders, UAVs, UASs, microlight aircraft, remotely piloted aircraft, hot air balloons, small size powered aircraft, quadcopters or para jumping from aircraft etc anywhere in the National Capital Territory of Delhi from January 9, 2019 to February 9, 2019.
- Motorists should apply patience while driving, observe traffic rules, maintain road discipline and follow directions of traffic personnel deployed at all intersections