Follow Us:

Delhi disappoints again, no one helped Bhalswa road rage victim

SNS | New Delhi |

Another example of lackadaisical attitude of bystanders has been reported from the National Capital.

According to media reports, the nephew of the 43-year-old Congress Seva Dal member, who was shot dead by unidentified assailants on Tuesday in Delhi, said that he did not receive any sort of help from the bystanders as they were busy making videos of the incident rather than obliging to help the victim and his nephew.

The nephew added that around 50 cars passed and stopped to inspect the situation but none helped them despite his frantic requests for help from passersby as they they were more focused on making videos.

Congress Seva Dal member, Vinod Mehra, 43, was shot dead, following an argument over rash driving on GT Karnal Road on Tuesday. Mehra, a resident of east Delhi’s Geeta Colony, was driving back to his home in his WagonR from a wedding function when suddenly a van overtook him.

The kin of Vinod Mehra have also voiced their distress regarding apathy of the police when approached for help. The family had claimed that the cops did not help the victim. Mehra was first taken to Timarpur police station instead of a hospital, where he was refused assistance, they added.

On Tuesday, Mehra and other occupants of the other car got into an argument over the rash-overtaking near the Bhalswa Flyover. This led to one of the occupants of the other car firing a shot at him.

Mehra was taken to Parmanand Hospital by his nephew and another individual but was declared ‘brought dead’.

The bullet had pierced the left side of his chest and the doctors had pronounced him brought dead, police said. The police are also scanning CCTV footage and investigations are underway in the case.

Earlier, Ankit Saxena, a photographer, was killed during broad-day light in west-Delhi,while his mother pleaded for help, people were unconcerned about the incident and were more concerned with taking photos of the injured victim.

After about 10 minutes, an e-rickshaw driver agreed to ferry them to a nearby hospital were he declared brought dead.