Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has dismissed the latest report about the country issued by the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and demanded a rectification on Saturday.

President Maduro said, “I extend to you our utmost and absolute rejection of the report submitted,” and called for “correction of the serious errors, false accusations and omissions it contains” while addressing Michelle Bachelet name, head of the UN office in his letter that was delivered in Geneva on Friday.

He further said that the report, presented on July 5 at the UN Human Rights Council, is “full of false statements, misrepresentations and manipulations in the use of data and sources”.

“The report is unfortunately aligned with the media and political narrative imposed by Washington, which symbolically attacks Venezuela”, the President added.

Earlier in the month, a report issued by UN human rights chief Michelle Bachelet accused the Venezuela government of using a strategy of instilling fear in its population to retain power and removing opponents with a “shocking” number of alleged extrajudicial killings.

“The killings were part of a strategy by the government of President Nicolas Maduro aimed at neutralizing, repressing and criminalizing political opponents and people critical of the government, which accelerated since 2016,” the report added.

However, the Venezuelan government slammed the report as “distorted and biased”.

Michelle Bachelet had visited Venezuela on June 21-23 and met various representatives in the political and social circles of the South American country.