An accountability court on Wednesday extended the judicial remand of former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s daughter Maryam Nawaz and her cousin Yousaf Abbas in a corruption case.

During the hearing presided by accountability judge Jawadul Hassan, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) requested the court to extend judicial remand of the two suspects, which the court accepted.

He said that the investigation into charges of money laundering was underway, adding that reference would be filed after the completion of the investigation.

At this, the judge extended judicial remand of the suspects and directed the jail officials to produce them again on October 23.

Earlier, the judge admonished lawyers and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) workers for taking selfies with Maryam Nawaz in the courtroom and causing disturbance during the proceedings.

Earlier in August, an anti-graft team had arrested Maryam outside the Kot Lakhpat Jail in Lahore for skipping appearance in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case over a meeting with former prime minister Nawaz Sharif.

NAB also claimed that Maryam was unable to account for the foreign investment in sugar mills where she was a “partner or majority stakeholder”.

Last month, Maryam was sent on judicial remand after the court rejected further physical remand.

The accountability watchdog had arrested Maryam and her cousin on Aug 8 in the said case. Since then, their physical remand has been repeatedly extended.

During the proceedings, the NAB prosecutor had said that during the investigation of two they had found out about an agreement for the division of the family’s assets.

Last year in July, Judge Bashir had convicted former premier Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz in Avenfield reference and sentenced them 10 years and 7 years imprisonment respectively.

In the verdict, Bashir had declared that “the trust deeds produced by the accused Maryam Nawaz were also found bogus. In view of the role of this accused Maryam Nawaz, she is convicted and sentenced to rigorous imprisonment for seven years with [a] fine of two million pounds.”