Playing an attacking game East Bengal outlasted Indian Arrows 2-0 in the Hero I-League match at the Ambedkar Stadium, New Delhi on Tuesday.

Two goals in the space  three minutes of the first half were enough for the league table toppers to add three more points to their kitty as   youngsters playing   for Indian Arrows were  made to realize  that they ,still have a long way to go.With this win East Bengal now have 17 points from eight matches while Indian Arrows have six points from eight.

A goal each by  Mahmoud Al-Amna and Katsumi Yusa in the 13th and 16th minute respectively led Khalid Jamil’s men to an easy win.

That Kolkata club meant business was clear  in the very first minute of the match when Syrian International Mahmoud Al-Amna almost capitalized on a through ball from the middle of the field.

The visitors pressed for the early goal to down Indian Arrows’ spirits and in the 13th minute hit gold when Al-Amna slotted the ball home from a free-kick from the edge of the box after Abhishek Halder’s foul on Katsumi Yusa had prompted the referee to give the freekick.

Three minutes later, Katsumi Yusa sublimely waiting patiently inside the box curled the ball home to double  East Bengal’s lead to make the scoreline read 2-0.

Rattled  by  two  back-to-back goals  Indian Arrows  tried to hold fort by keeping possession in the middle of the field. but their attackers  could not breach the tight rival defence.

In the 36th minute,  East Bengal came close to increase  their lead when Jobby Justin’s shot hit the side-netting after a failed clearance by Anwar Ali.

The Indian Arrows appeared a much more compact side in the second half and Coach Matos introduced Suresh Singh in the centre of the field in place of Abhishek Halder.

The Arrows kept possession and threatened the table toppers in the 57th minute when Sanjeev Stalin’s corner kick was headed by Anwar Ali, only for Abhijit Sarkar to try a back-heel kick and force the Kingfisher East Bengal custodian to make a save.

However, the attacking danger of the visiting team was still looming, in the 62nd minute Ralte’s header off a Yusa’s cross earned a top class save by Prabhsukhan Singh Gill.

The visitors out-muscled the Indian Arrows when needed for possession and cleared any dangerous Arrows’ attacks. Sanjeev Stalin’s freekick in the 64th minute when inches over the bar as the Arrows looked for a goal to minimize their deficit.

East Bengal launched a counter  in the 74th minute, but  Katsumi Yusa’s effort from a tight angle was kept out by Gill.

Eight minutes later Al-Amna’s  effort from a Katsumi Yusa freekick went just over the Arrows goal.

The Indian Arrows tried to minimize their deficit but failed to pierce the Kingfisher East Bengal defence, slumping to their fourth defeat in  the League.