Carlos Tevez said that he hopes his return to Boca Juniors will help him earn a recall to Argentina’s national team ahead of this year’s World Cup.
The 33-year-old former Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus forward made the last of his 76 appearances for the Albiceleste in October 2015, reports Xinhua news agency.
“I have a few years of football left,” Tevez told reporters. “Being in a World Cup for a player of my age would be something very nice.”
Tevez rejoined his boyhood club last week after leaving Shanghai Shenhua, where he failed to impress during a dismal 12-month spell.
“I want to enjoy these next two years with Boca because it’s the last thing I have left,” he said.
Tevez was a part of Argentina’s 2006 and 2010 World Cup squads but was overlooked for the 2014 tournament in Brazil.
The 2018 World Cup will be played in Russia from June 14 to July 15.