Happy Ramadan 2019 wishes, images, wallpaper, messages, greetings: It’s that time of the year again when Muslims across the world observe intense fast from dawn to dusk, observing the holy month of Ramadan. Islamic belief says it was Ramadan, the ninth month in the Islamic calendar, when Prophet Mohammed was gifted the Quran.
Ramadan begins with the rise of the crescent moon, and ends with the sighting of the Shawwal moon, which leads to the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr.
The dates of Ramadan change every year as per the lunar-based Islamic calendar.
While Ramadan 2019 was to start on May 5, Saudi Arabia has said it would start fasting from Monday, May 6 as the crescent moon of Ramadan was not sighted on Saturday.
The month is predicted to end on June 4.
The from dawn-to-dusk fasting during Ramadan is known as Sawm, when Muslims abstain from food, drink, sexual intimacy and any negative behaviour. They consume a meal, called ‘Suhoor’ or ‘Sahri’, at dawn, after waking up before sunrise sets up. After a whole day of fast, they partake Iftar after sunset. Iftar or Iftari is usually a traditional community feast.
Daily prayers form an important part of Ramadan.
During the month, also referred to as Ramzan, you can say “Ramadan Kareem”, meaning “have a generous Ramadan”, to wish someone a happy Ramadan. You can also say “Ramadan Mubarak” or “Ramzan Mubarak”.
Ramadan 2019 wishes and greetings
Here is a compilation of wishes and greetings that you can say to people observing Ramadan.
1. Wishing you all the blessings of the holy month. May this Ramadan be as bright as ever.
2. May Allah showed peace and happiness on you. Have a peaceful and happy Ramadan.
3. Welcome the holy month with a heart filled with peace, harmony and joy. Happy Ramadan!
4. Here is wishing this Ramadan bring health, wealth and peace. May Allah protect and guide you.
5. Wishing you four weeks of blessings, 30 days of forbearance, and 720 hours of enlightenment. Happy Ramadan!
Happy Ramadan 2019 images