A year ago, on 14 August, pop star Taylor Swift fought back against her molester in a courtroom in Colorado. The 28-year-old opened up about the trial to her fans at a concert in Tampa. Earlier, Tay Tay never went public about the courtroom ordeal, where she stood against a former DJ who groped her during the meet and greets session in 2017.

Also read: George RR Martin reveals why he ‘kills’ favourite characters in Game of Thrones

She was in Tampa as a part of the Reputation tour, where she almost broke into tears while playing the piano on stage. “So just looking back, this exact day a year ago I was not playing a sold-out stadium in Tampa. I was in a courtroom in Denver, Colorado, and honestly, um, I was there for a sexual assault case. And this day a year ago, a jury ruled in my favour and said that they believed me,” the Blank Space singer revealed.

“I guess I just think about all of the people who weren’t believed, or haven’t been believed or who are afraid to speak up because they don’t think they will be believed. And I just want to say I’m sorry to everyone who ever wasn’t believed because I don’t know what turn my life would take if people hadn’t believed me when I said that something happened to me,” she continued.

Referring the incident as a ‘horrible part of her life’, she thanked her fans for the support. “So I just wanted to say we have so much further to go, and I’m so grateful to you guys for being there for me for what was really a horrible part of my life,” she added.

Swift further went on to say, “And you know you guys have seen me go through so many ups and downs in my life just due to the public nature of the way my life is, and I just wanted to say that I’m so happy to see you and to have you and know you through the ups and the downs in my life.”

Read more: Drake comments on Athiya Shetty’s picture of Suniel Shetty | Here’s what it’s about

The audience cheered her throughout the brave disclosure and even held $1 bill, which represents the amount she was awarded after winning the case against former radio host David Mueller.

In August 2017, after six days of trial, the jury declared that Mueller assaulted Taylor during the photo session at Pepsi Centre in 2013.