The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE is the entrance exam for admission to Masters in Engineering (M.E) and Masters in Technology (M.Tech) courses in engineering colleges across India. IITs, NITs and GFTIs primarily accept GATE sores, while Public Sector Units (PSU) like ONGC, BHEL, HPCL are some of the major recruiters through GATE.
But the good news is that students with dreams of studying abroad can also apply to some of the best universities in the world through their GATE scores.
While most universities abroad have their own selection criteria or accept GRE score, some institutes, especially, in countries like Singapore and Germany, accept GATE score.
Here’s a list of universities abroad which accept GATE score:
Universities in Singapore that accept GATE score:
Two of the highest ranked universities in Singapore (QS Ranking 2016), Nanyang Technological Institute (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS) accept GATE scores in their Msc, Phd and M.Eng programmes.
The following engineering departments in NTU accept GATE score:
1. School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
2. School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
3. School of Computer Engineering
4. School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
5. School of Materials Science and Engineering
6. School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Majority of the engineering departments in NUS accept GATE score. However, in both the institutes, students with GATE score of at least 90 percentile are preferred.
Universities in Germany that accept GATE score:
Like Singapore, two German universities - Technical University of Germany and the RWTH ACHEN - accept GATE score. The following faculties in Technical University of Germany allow admission through GATE score:
1. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
2. Faculty of Civil Engineering and Surveying
3. Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology