At least four security personnel were killed after a suicide bomber detonated an explosives-laden vehicle near a military base on Thursday, the Ministry of Defence said in a statement.
“Four security forces were killed and three others were wounded in the attack,” TOLO News quoted a Minister statement as saying.
Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Earlier in the month, 12 people were killed and dozens wounded after a Taliban suicide bomber driving an explosives-laden car blew himself up on Thursday near a heavily-guarded government office complex in the centre of the Afghan capital.
On Sunday, US President Donald Trump had cancelled Afghan peace talks.
Taking to Twitter, Trump said, “I immediately cancelled the meeting and called off peace negotiations.
The unexpected announcement comes after Washington and the Taliban on September 2 reached a draft agreement in principle after more than a year of negotiations, which provides for the withdrawal of 5,000 US troops 135 days after signing.