What would life be without celebrations and festivals? That is what the planners must have thought over the years, and centuries, to make life a happening affair as different parts of the world have their own unique offerings.
We have picked up for you five of the hippest and happening international festivals to indulge in.
1. Tomorrowland: Tomorrowland is one of the world’s largest and popular music festivals which is held annually in Boom, Belgium. The features of this festival include groovy electronic beats, dancing, and enjoying the party with thousands of music enthusiasts and party lovers from around the world.
Dates: July 19 to July 28, 2019
Where: Provinciaal Recreatiedomein De Schorre, Boom, Belgium
How to Reach: You can fly Lufthansa from Mumbai, or Delhi to Brussels, Belgium
2. Oktoberfest: The biggest beer extravaganza in the world, Oktoberfest has become the cultural landmark of the city of Munich over the years as people from all over the world fly to the city to enjoy the wide variety of craft beers, feast upon authentic Bavarian cuisine, sing, and dance.
Date: September 21 to October 6, 2019
Where: Theresienwiese, near the Munich City Centre
How to Reach: You can fly on Lufthansa from Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, or Delhi to Munich, Germany
3. Fête des Vignerons (FDV): Initiated in 1797 by the Brotherhood of Winegrowers, Fête des Vignerons is a festival celebrating the region’s wines and harvest. The once-in-a-decade festival is recognized as an intangible cultural heritage by the United Nations and features wine tastings, live music, parades, costume parties, wine education, and cellar tours.
Date: July 15 to August 11, 2019
Where: Rue du Château 2, 1800 Vevey, Switzerland
How to Reach: You can book a flight from India to Switzerland on SWISS International Air Lines
4. The New Year’s Eve in Sydney, Australia: Thanks to its location, Sydney is one of the first cities on the planet to usher in the New Year. Darling Harbour and the Harbour Bridge make for snazzy places to witness the visual splendor of the fireworks display on New Year’s Eve.
Date: December 31, 2019
Where: Port Jackson
How to Reach: One can fly with Qantas from Delhi or Mumbai to Sydney, Australia
5. The Wengen Ski World Cup: It’s the destination to be for adventure sports enthusiasts. The race for the trophy is an exhilarating two-and-a-half minute plunge down the Lauberhorn Mountain, in the shadow of the infamous Eiger and its neighbouring alpine giants, the Monch and the Jungfrau. Soak into the natural beauty surrounding the circuit with snowcapped mountains and clear blue skies.
Dates: January 17 to January 19, 2020
Where: The Lauberhorn Mountain
How to reach: One can fly from India to Switzerland on SWISS International Air Lines