Two-time defending champions of the Premier League Manchester City experienced a stunning defeat against Norwich City after Liverpool had registered a convincing come back from behind win over Newcastle. On Saturday, however, the talk of the town was Norwich City and their performance against Manchester City.

Norwich opened the scoreboard with an early goal through Kenny Mclean. Soon after, Todd Cantwell ensured that they double their lead.

Although Sergio Aguero netted a goal for Manchester City just before the first half, Teemu Peeku’s third goal for Norwich made it pretty clear that it was Norwich who would take three points from the match unless something dramatic happens.

As it turned out, Manchester City’s Rodri only managed a consolatory late goal to reduce the goal difference to 2-3 in favour of Norwich.

Meanwhile, Tottenham and Chelsea also registered massive wins while Manchester United came back to winning ways and ended Leicester City unbeaten run in this season.

Tottenham Hotspur netted as many as four goals against Crustal Palace in response to their none. All these four goals came in the first half.

Son Heung-min scored a brace while Patrick van Aanholt did not help his team’s chances by helping Tottenham with an own goal. Eric Lamela’s strike before the half time made sure that it was next to impossible for Crystal Palace to try and make a come back.

Tottenham cruised to victory and now find themselves at the third position on the points table. Crystal Palace are at the 11th place.

Chelsea winger Tammy Abraham secured a hat-trick in his side’s 5-2 win at Wolves but was also involved in an own goal. Notably, after Fikayo Tomori’s opening goal for Chelsea, Tammy Abraham netted home a hat-trick to ensure they lead 4-0 within the first hour. However, then a suicidal own goal from Tammy and and 85th-minute strike from Patrick Cutrone reduced the goal difference.

However, Chelsea were in no mood to give anything away. A stoppage-time goal from Mason Mount ensured Chelsea thrash Wolves 5-2.

As far as the Premier League giants Manchester United are concerned, a Marcus Rashford penalty kick which found the net was enough to give them a 1-0 win against Leicester City.

Rashford was felled by Caglar Soyuncu in only the seventh minute of the match. A penalty was awarded and Rashford did not need any second invitation to score. The goal was Rashford’s third of the season and gave Manchester United their second win of the campaign.

In the match between Sheffield United and Southampton, a Sheffield United goal which was not allowed by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) turned out to be the difference. Moussa Djenepo eventually scored the solitary match winning goal for Southampton.

It was Oliver McBurnie’s goal which was declared as an offside. To add to their woes was the fact that Billy Sharp was also sent off. Sheffield United would look to come back strong in the next match.

As far as Burnley are concerned, they managed to secure a point after a late stoppage-time equaliser to level score 1-1 against Brighton.

Neal Maupay’s goal early in the latter half looked all set to help Brighton clinch three points but Jeff Hendrick scored in the first minute of the added time to spoil Brighton’s plans and end the match on a 1-1 draw.

In the other anticipated match of the day, Liverpool won 3-1 against Newcastle United. Liverpool were trailing behind at one stage in the match with Jetro Willems of Newcastle United opening the scoring for them.

However, it was then that Mane came to Liverpool’s rescue. He not only equalised 21 minutes later but even ensured that Liverpool led at the half-time mark.

18 minutes before the final whistle, Mohamed Salah scored another goal and made it a worse day for Newcastle United who had started off positively but simply were not aware how to counter-attack in the given situation.