Five-time Baloon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo left La Liga giants Real Madrid in summer transfer window of 2018 to join Serie A champions Juventus. However, that has not stopped CR7 from topping Los Blancos’ scoring chart for the calendar year.
Following Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure, the debate on whether Los Blancos missed their all-time record goal-scorer continues but the statistics speak for themselves, especially when it comes to the number of goals.
CR7 is the highest goal-scorer of Real Madrid for 2018 with 28 goals under his belt, which is one more than Gareth Bale (27) and ten more than Karim Benzema (18). Sergio Ramos is the fourth in the list with 10 goals from 44 games.
Marco Asensio and Isco finished 2018 with eight goals each. CR7’s feat is even more extraordinary because he scored those 28 goals in just 22 matches while played 48 matches to score 27 times, and Benzema 53 matches to score 18.
The Portugal star’s absence in the Real Madrid squad is there for all to see. Meanwhile, Ronaldo has also inspired his new team Juventus to their best ever start with 53 points from 19 matches.
Here is the list of Real Madrid’s top scorers in 2018
- Cristiano Ronaldo, 28 goals in 22 matches
- Gareth Bale, 27 goals in 48 matches
- Karim Benzema, 18 goals in 53 matches
- Sergio Ramos, 10 goals in 44 matches
- Marco Asensio, 8 goals in 54 matches
- Isco, 8 goals in 43 matches
- Lucas Vazquez, 7 goals in 52 matches
- Marcelo, 7 goals in 38 matches
- Casemiro, 4 goals in 44 matches
- Kroos, 4 goals in 42 matches
- Mayoral, 3 goals in 11 matches
- Modric, 2 goals in 45 matches
- Nacho, 2 goals in 34 matches
- Vinícius, 2 goals in 10 matches
- Carvajal, 1 goal in 41 matches
- Ceballos, 1 goal in 29 matches
- Llorente, 1 goal in 21 matches
- Odriozola, 1 goal in 12 matches
- Mariano, 1 goal in 10 matches
- Achraf, 1 goal in 8 matches
- Javi Sanchez, 1 goal in 5 matches
- Cristo Gonzalez, 1 goal in 1 match