Buddha Purnima 2019: Buddhism was formed on the teachings of Lord Buddha. His principles have for centuries inspired the humankind to follow the path of truth, peace, love and non-violence.
Millions of people across the world follow Buddhism.
Lord Buddha was believed to have been born, as Siddhartha Gautama, at Lumbini in Nepal. Historians believe he lived between 563 and 483 BC. Bodh Gaya (Bihar), Kushinagar (UP), Lumbini, and Sarnath (UP) are the most important pilgrimage sites related to the life of Gautama Buddha.
On the occasion of Buddha Purnima 2019, here are some Lord Buddha quotes that will enlighten your life with peace and love for the humankind.
Lord Buddha quotes
1. “He has the most who is most content with the least.”
2. “The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.”
3. “Everyday is a new day! No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.”
4. “Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.”
5. “Pain is certain, suffering is optional.”
6. “If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.”
7. “Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.”
8. “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.”
9. “In the end, only three things matter: How much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.”
10. “Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.”
11. “Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.”
12. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”
13. “To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.”
14. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
15. “You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.”