People of India generally depend on trains for long-distance travel. If the trains get cancelled or their timings are changed, the daily commuters have to face a lot of problems. Now that winter has set in, it is seen many times trains are cancelled due to fog, or their routes and timings are changed or their trips are reduced.
With the onset of winter, the problems of passengers traveling by train have increased manifold. In view of the fog and mist, the Indian Railways have cancelled trains on many routes for the next three months. At the same time, the Railways have reduced the days of operation of some trains.
The East Central Railway said that 12 trains have been cancelled due to fog during the winter season. At the same time, the frequency of some trains has also been reduced. The railway tweeted that for the purpose of ensuring protected rail operations due to fog, some more trains scheduled to open/reach or pass through various stations of East Central Railway from December 1. 2022 to February 28, 2023 have been cancelled and the number of days for the operations has been decreased.
The following trains have been cancelled in view of winter:
- Train number – 14524 – Ambala Cantonment-Barauni – Tuesday, Saturday. (Cancelled from 3 December to 28 February)
- Train number – 14523 – Barauni – Ambala Cantonment – Monday, Thursday (Cancelled from December 5 to March 2)
- Train number – 14006 – Anand Vihar Terminal – Sitamarhi – Daily – (Cancelled from December 1 to February 28)
- Train number – 14005 – Sitamarhi – Anand Vihar Terminal – Daily – (Cancelled from December 3 to March 2)
- Train number – 14674 – Amritsar – Jaynagar – Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat (Cancelled from 1 December to 28 February)
- Train number – 14673 – Jaynagar – Amritsar – Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat (Cancelled from 3 December to 2 March)
- Train number – 15903 – Dibrugarh – Chandigarh – Monday, Friday (Cancelled from December 2 to February 27)
- Train number – 15904 – Chandigarh – Dibrugarh – Wednesday, Sunday (Cancelled from December 4 to March 1)
- Train number 15621 – Kamakhya – Anand Vihar Terminal – Thursday (Cancelled from December 1 to February 23)
- Train number 15622 – Anand Vihar Terminal – Kamakhya – Friday (Cancelled from 2 December to 24 February)
- Train No. 14617 – Banmankhi – Amritsar – Daily – (Cancelled from 3 December to 2 March)
- Train No. 14618 – Amritsar – Banmankhi – Amritsar – Daily (Cancelled from December 1 to February 28)
Reduced frequency of trains
East Central Railway said that apart from cancellation of trains, there has also been a reduction in the frequency of some trains. This includes train numbers 12505 Kamakhya – Anand Vihar Terminal, 12506 Anand Vihar Terminal – Kamakhya, 12523 New Jalpaiguri – New Delhi, 12524 New Delhi – New Jalpaiguri.