Puducherry police recruitment 2018: The Puducherry police have invited applications from eligible men and women for police constable posts in the Union Territory of Puducherry.
The total number of posts up for grabs are 390.
Candidates for Puducherry police constable posts should note that they should be in the age group of 18 to 22 years. And they must be 10+2 pass or its equivalent.
The last date to apply is September 22 2018.
• Height: Not less than 165 cms
• Chest: 81-86 cms (with minimum expansion of 5 cms)
• Weight: Body Mass Index (BMI) should be 18.50 to 29.9 Kg./M2 minimum
• Height: Not less than 154 cms
• Weight: 45 kgs minimum
PROCESS OF SELECTION
The eligible applicants would be issued a call letter with the date as well as a place of recruitment test to appear for the following test.
The candidates will have to undergo the following tests:
• Candidates will be screened first for height, chest (men), BMI
• Women candidates will be screened first for height and weight
Physical Efficiency test
• Candidates who satisfy the above conditions of physical measurement will be admitted for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
All candidates who qualify in the physical standards and PET only will write a written test.
The questions will be objective type and will be from +2 standard syllabus
The test will be of 200 marks.
The question paper will be in two parts each of two hours duration.
The written test will be in English and regional languages for the candidate from Puducherry and Karaikal in Tamil.
The questions for general English shall be only in the English Language.
After the written test the candidates selected in the written test will go for medical examination to access their medical fitness as per the medical standards prescribed in the standing order issued by the Government.