Being the busiest airport in Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow’s Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport (CCSIA) recorded nearly 5.25 lakh passenger movements in January 2023.
Exhibiting significant growth, the CCSIA witnessed a fruitful first month with nearly 72,366 international passengers, and around 4.53 lakh million domestic passengers. The increase in passenger traffic is a testament to CCSIA’s efforts in the ‘passenger first’ philosophy.
The CCSIA Spokesperson said here on Saturday that Lucknow Airport with its passenger-centric approach, aims to be a world-class airport, pursuing excellence while creating a safe, secure, and efficient airport ecosystem. With the goal of serving as a “Gateway to Goodness”, CCSIA is resolutely committed to looking beyond the challenges with a holistic approach and providing passengers with a seamless travel experience at Lucknow.”
The CCSIA, in January 2023, played host to approximately 5.25 lakh passengers across 3,751 flights, which is 42 per cent higher than the movements in January 2022. Out of the overall passenger movement, the CCSIA witnessed 86 per cent domestic passenger traffic and the rest 14 per cent were international travellers.
With an average footfall of around 17,000 passengers across 3,751 flights, the CCSIA is hopeful to be consistent and gain the growth momentum steadily. This rise in travellers was driven by positive sentiments among air travellers and a strong surge due to the festive holiday season.
Moreover, the CCSIA handled a record single day passenger movement of over 18,000 on January 31. This record traffic in a single day proves passengers’ rising confidence in CCSIA’s initiatives towards improved customer experience.
Dubai, Muscat and Riyad held the spot as the top three international destinations from Lucknow. Whereas Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru continue to retain their position as the top three domestic destinations. CCSIA currently acts as a gateway to 24 domestic and 7 international destinations for passengers from Lucknow and its surrounding areas.