The Army said on Saturday JAKLI soldier Mohammad Yaseen, who was reported to have been abducted by terrorists, was “safe”. An Army spokesman said the soldier was safe and the reports were “incorrect”.
There were reports of the soldier having been abducted from his home in Qazipura village of Budgam on Friday. A red alert had been sounded on Friday evening in the Kashmir valley following the report.
There were reports that armed terrorists had abducted Yaseen from his home in Qazipura village in the Chadoora block of Budgam, and a massive search for the soldier had been launched.