He was undergoing treatment at Yashoda Hospital at Somajiguda in Hyderabad.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday claimed that Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao (KCR) had approached him to join the NDA but he outrightly rejected the Bharat Rashtra Samithi chief’s offer. This, according to PM Modi, happened after the 2020 municipal elections in which no party got the majority. Addressing a rally in poll-bound Telangana’s Nizamabad, the prime minister also cautioned people of the state to be careful of the Congress party.
PM Modi in Telangana: 10 points
- “I am going to tell you a secret… 100 per cent truth… When municipal elections happened (in 2020), nobody got a majority. BJP won 48 seats… KCR needed support. KCR showered me with love and gave me a shawl. This was not in his character. And then he asked me to include him in NDA. ‘You help us in Hyderabad municipality (election)’, he said,” PM Modi claimed.
- “I refused… told him we are ready to sit in the opposition in Hyderabad but won’t betray the people of Telangana,” the prime minister added.
- The PM declared that the Congress and BRS are same and accused both the parties of betraying people of Telangana. He cautioned people to be careful of the Congress party and stated that BRS is hand-in-glove with the grand-old-party.
- “…Congress and BRS are betraying the people of Telangana. In many states, Congress made big promises, and now they are keeping conditions to fulfil those promises… The BRS made a false promise to give allowance to the unemployed youth…They both are the same,” he said.
- Congress has now started speaking a new language for its hunger for power and to grab power. Nowadays they are saying – The more the population, the more rights. This new thinking of his is a backstabbing thought for the minority.
- In a democratic country like India, people should be important, not family members. In Telangana, a single family has captured the dreams of lakhs of families here. They have turned democracy into a ‘loot system’ and democracy into a ‘family system’, PM slammed the BRS and Congress over nepotism.
- Does the government have rights over temples in Tamil Nadu? The government has taken over. The property of temples is being grabbed with the connivance of the government. In the South, temples are being looted and captured, but they do not touch the places of worship of minorities and do not take them under the control of the government, PM Modi said.
- If the principle of Congress is as per population, as is the right, then will they capture all the places of worship of minorities? Will we use their property?, he asked.
- You may remember the Nizam’s rule. The country got freedom however, Hyderabad and other regions were not free. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, a Gujarati son, showed strength and ensured your freedom. Today, the second Gujarati son has come here for your prosperity, development and education.
- Elections to the 119-Telangana legislative assembly will be held later this year along with four other states – Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram.