Follow Us:

2 kids die of suspected food poisoning in Rajasthan’s Pratapgarh

Two of the five children died on the way to the district hospital while two others were being treated by pediatricians and the fifth one at the village clinic.

SNS | Jaipur |

Two children died of suspected food poisoning while five others were taken ill after they ate lunch at their home at Ghantali village in Pratapgarh district on Saturday evening, a medical official said on Sunday.

Two of the five children died on the way to the district hospital while two others were being treated by pediatricians, and the fifth one at the village clinic, Block CMHO Dr. Mukesh Rajvania told SNS when contacted.

Their mother and father, farmers in Ghantali village of Peepalkut Tehsil, were among the seven members of the family who had a dried-out and year-old ‘Bhindi’ (ladyfinger) with Gavarfali sabji in their meal and they immediately complained of vomiting and stomach upset, the officer said.