ZTE’s Nubia has announced two new smartphones in China. The Nubia Z17S is company’s flagship smartphone, whereas the Nubia Z17 miniS is the successor of Z17 mini, which was launched earlier this year.
First up, the powerful flagship Nubia Z17S features an octa-core Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 8GB of RAM. It has a 5.73-inch FHD+ full-screen (1080 x 2040 pixels) display.
The Z17S boasts of a 12MP + 23MP dual-rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 0.03 second dual pixel focus, 2x optical zoom and background blur. It also has dual 5MP + 5MP front-facing camera.
Nubia says that the Z17S is made of 7 series aviation grade aluminum alloy frame and features a 3D glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
Nubia Z17S full specifications
- 5.73-inch Full HD+ (1080 x 2040 pixels) display, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 64-bit processor
- 6GB/ 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB/ 128GB internal storage
- 12MP camera + secondary 23MP rear camera
- 5MP + 5MP dual front-facing cameras
- 3100mAh battery with fast charging, USB Type-C
Coming to Nubia Z17 miniS, it is the successor of Z17 mini. It features a 5.2-inch full-HD (1080p) display. Inside it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 SoC with 6GB RAM.
For cameras, It features a dual 13MP + 13MP rear cameras with monochrome + RGB sensors. It comes with a 16MP + 5MP front-facing camera. Both Nubia Z17s and Z17 miniS runs Android 7.1 Nougat with Nubia UI 5.1 on-top.
Nubia Z17 miniS full specifications
- 5.2-inch full-HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 processor
- 6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage
- 13MP (monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) dual rear cameras, OIS, 4K video
- 16MP + 5MP front-facing camera
- 3200mAh battery
The Nubia Z17S is priced at 2999 yuan in China for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage variant. The Nubia Z17 miniS is priced at 1999 yuan in China. Both will be available in China from Thursday and will go on sale from October 19.