HMD Global on Tuesday announced its budget Nokia 2 at an event in India. The dual-SIM 4G VoLTE Nokia 2 packs a 4100mAh battery that promises up to 2 days of battery life on a single charge.
The Nokia 2 features a 5-inch HD (720 x 1280 pixels) LTPS In-Cell Touch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Inside, it packs a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 SoC coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of inbuilt storage, which is expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB).
The design of Nokia 2 boasts of a 6000 series aluminum frame and polycarbonate back. It is also splash proof with IP52 ratings.
For cameras, the Nokia 2 sports an 8MP AF rear camera with LED flash, and a 5MP front Selfie camera. It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out-of-the-box and company promises Android 8.0 (Oreo) update in near future.
Nokia 2 full specifications
- 4G VoLTE dual-SIM, Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS, Splash proof (IP52)
- 5-inch HD (720 x 1280 pixels) LTPS In-Cell Touch display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 SoC
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4100mAh battery with 2 days battery life
The Nokia 2 comes in Black, White and Copper Black colour options. In India, the smartphone will feature dual-SIM support with dedicated SIM slots and microSD slot. In some regions, it will also come in single-SIM variant.
The Nokia 2 will go on sale from mid-November at a global average price of 99 Euros, which is roughly Rs. 7,500. India pricing will be announced closer to the launch next month.