From investing in a good hand cream, getting a regular manicure done to opting for some kitchen formulae like using lemon can help in giving your hands a youthful look.
With age, the skin on hands can appear wrinkled and the veins become more prominent.
A simple method to take care of this problem is to moisturise the hands daily and at regular intervals, suggests makeup artist and hairstylist Preeti Dahiya.
* Wear gloves while gardening, washing clothes or doing kitchen work. Otherwise, simply oil your hands before any work involving water so your hands don’t look depleted and painfully dry.
* It&’s advisable to get a manicure from a reputed salon that practice good hygiene procedure. Once a week, one should soak their hands in soapy water for a couple of minutes and then file the nails before applying nail paint. One should not scrap off nail paint because this weakens the nails.
* Also, get rid of dirt and dead skin cells by exfoliating the hands. This not only makes hands look pretty and young, but doing so also improves circulation.
Here are some more tips:
* Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice, a tablespoon of glycerine and a few drops of rosewater. Apply this mixture twice a day for silky hands.
* Take a lemon and cut it into half. Put half tablespoon of sugar into it and rub it on your hands. This helps to remove tan and give your hands an even tone.
* Mashed potatoes mixed with milk are great for hand mask.
* Eat food rich in calcium like dairy products for healthy nails.
* Soaps (bar or liquid) designed for sensitive skin are the best choice for our hands. Soaps with olive oil and jojoba are a good option as it does not dry the skin, or strip the skin from it natural oils.