Summers – it&’s the time of the year when your wardrobe goes for a makeover. Let it not become just a replacement exercise of your warm clothes with last year&’s summer ones. Just revamp your closet with all the latest trends and fashions and transform yourself into a style diva this season. Let&’s take a look at the new trends and styles which are making rounds in the market. Mrs. Meena Bindra, Chairperson, BIBA, shares style tips for summer.
· Breathable fabrics like cotton and linen silhouettes are the stand out winners when it comes to summers
· Bright quirky prints, understated and exquisite hand embroideries in dual tones are certain to make you a diva in the crowd
For special occasions, opt for subtle gold prints on the waistband or team up a pastel shade kurti with gold dupatta to give you that elegant chic look
· Going overboard with bling is a big no-no while minimal is the true calling for the season.
· As far as the color palette goes this season, white is definitely a safe and stylish bet
· A kaleidoscope of colors varying from soft pastels to vibrant solids in different shades and hues are a sure shot hit this season
· Experiment with pretty pinks, bold oranges, emerald greens, fresh limes, turquoise, brilliant blues, deep reds and honey peaches along with fresh pastels like powder pinks and silky mauves
· Clean, asymmetrical cuts, long slits, extensive flare in crinkled fabrics are the ‘in-trends’ this summer for tops, tunics and kurtis
· Straight cut kurtis which are coupled with complementing sheer panels are going to be a hit amongst fashionistas
· Double layered and high slit kurtis are in vogue this season as they give a classy look with contemporary twist…overall giving you a unique style statement
· Tier-styled full length maxi dresses are also a stupendous way to beat the heat in style
Stylish Bottom Wears
· This season, give a break to your regular salwars and churidars and team up the kurtis with beautiful Palazzos, Farshi Pants or even flared culottes
· Palazzos teamed up with mid length kurtas is going to be a reigning trend this season
· Flared culottes are also a great addition to the wardrobe giving you the look of a flared skirt along with the comfort of a wide legged trouser