The days flew by and weekend is here again and so is the weekend treat. This time, make your weekend special with home made vegetarian treat–big booster burger that will reboot your energy and spirit. Here’s a quick to prepare recipe.
Serves: 4 – 5
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cooking time: 15 minutes
Boiled potatoes – 4 (medium)
Beans – 4 – 5
Carrot – ¼
Peas – 8 – 10 (boiled)
Capsicum – 1 (roasted and peeled)
Mayonnaise – 5 tsp
Cheese spread – 5 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 4 tsp
Cucumber – ½
Tomato – 1
Onion – 1
Lettuce – 5 leaves
Bread crumbs – 2 pieces
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
Oregano -1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Maida – 1 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Water – 2 tbsp
Burger buns – 5
· Mash potatoes and mix beans, carrot, peas, maida and spices together.
· Make round balls and flatten them.
· Mix water and corn flour together and make a thick paste.
· Dip the round patties in the paste and coat with bread crumbs.
· Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the patties.
· Drain them on kitchen towel.
· Mix cheese spread, mayonnaise, roasted capsicum and ketchup together.
· Take a burger bun. Cut it in two halves horizontally. Spread the above paste on the base of the burger. Place cucumber, onion, tomato slice and lettuce on it. Keep veg patty over the salad and close the burger with other half.
· Heat a non-stick pan. Spread little butter on both the sides of burger bun. Warm it on the pan for a minute from both the sides.
· Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
French fries work as a perfect accompaniment to the burger meal. You can add vegetables of your choice in the salad stuffing. You can add a cheese slice to the stuffing. Those with children can involve their kids in making this fun snack and keep their hunger at bay.