With India’s Independence Day coming soon, the craze has caught on in a big way. Need some last minute ideas for its celebration at your home. We have a delicious, healthy, quick and easy to make a recipe that can bring a flavourful zest in both kids as well as grown-ups to celebrate the day. Tricolour sandwich is a three-layered sandwich that goes well with any side dish and beverage.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Whole wheat bread slices 4
Mayonnaise 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup 1 tsp
Chilli oregano sauce ½ tsp
Tobacco sauce 2 drops
Coriander chutney 1 tsp
Paneer 30 grams (mashed)
Cucumber 4 slices
Green capsicum 4 thin slices
Lettuce leaf 1
Carrot 1/2 tbsp (grated and squeezed)
Orange bell pepper 2-3 thin slices
- Take fresh and soft bread slices and cut the corners with a sharp knife.
- Combine together tomato ketchup, chilli oregano sauce and tobacco sauce. Mix well. Spread on a bread slice evenly.
- Place finely sliced orange bell peppers and a thin layer of grated and squeezed carrot on it.
- Apply mayonnaise on the second bread piece. Spread mashed paneer evenly on it.
- Take the third bread slice. Spread green coriander chutney on it. Place green capsicum slices, cucumber slices and lettuce leaf on it.
- Now keep the orange toppings slice in a serving dish. Place white topping slice over it. Then place green toppings bread piece. Cover it with a plain bread slice. You can also apply butter on it before placing on the top.
- Turn the sandwich upside down so that you can see an orange colour on the top layer, then white and green colour in the bottom layer.
- Cut diagonally in two parts nicely with a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately with any beverage.
So, what are you waiting for? Make your Independence Day Celebration special with ‘Tiranga Sandwich’ and ‘Tricolour Kites’.