Coffee Pudding–this is a special dessert you will relish on weekends and everyday.
Cooking on weekends is a therapy to soothe jangled nerves, cure boredom and anxiety. It encourages creativity and is a great stress buster. Cook for yourself and your loved ones and get nurtured by their appreciation. Mix few ingredients to create this delicious Coffee Pudding this weekend and have a great time.
Serves: 8; Preparation time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Coffee Pudding
Milk 8 cups
Custard powder 3 tbsp
Sugar 5 tbsp
Bread 8 slices (preferably a day old)
Coffee powder 2 tbsp
Chocolate curls for garnishing
How to make Coffee Pudding
- Add little cold milk to custard powder and make a smooth paste.
- Heat rest of milk in a thick bottomed pan.
- When milk comes to a boil, add custard paste in it. Keep stirring continuously.
- Cook till it thickens to coat a spoon.
- Add sugar and mix well. Turn off flame.
- Remove the edges of the bread slices and crumble them to form fine crumbs.
- In a clear bowl, put a layer of bread crumbs in the bottom.
- Put a layer of custard over it.
- Put another layer of bread crumbs and sprinkle little sugar liberally.
- Sprinkle coffee powder over bread crumbs to form a thin layer.
- Pour custard to cover the top layer till the bowl is full.
- Garnish with coffee powder and chocolate curls.
Cooking makes one feel better about life as it involves a lot of creativity and offers immediate gratification.