Fed up of trying every fad diet, and getting nowhere? It’s time to try carrying a mirror to remind you of your weight, and stop making excuses for your eating habits.
Weight loss guru Steve Miller says ditching the diet can help if certain rules are followed in day-to-day life, reports mirror.co.uk.
* Carry a mirror: In order to eat healthily, it&’s really important to watch your portion sizes. To help you do this, carry a mirror everywhere you go, ensuring you remind yourself of how fat you are, which will automatically motivate you to eat less.
* Be your own weight loss whip: This may sound odd, but you need to motivate yourself religiously. You need to whip yourself into controlling your eating. Without control, it&’s too easy to get carried away binge eating on treats and then swilling them down with booze.
* Ditch the fat feeding excuse: Year after year, many people say, "Oh I’ve put on so much weight over Christmas, I may as well eat what I want."This is just an excuse. Stop making them. Always remind yourself to stop eating when you feel full, and then take your mind into something non-food related.
* Keep food hidden or don’t buy it at all: Out of sight will mean out of mind. You won’t be able to resist if you have chocolates and biscuits lying around the house.
* Ditch diets: The first and immediate step is never ditch junk food altogether. Instead, live each day eating healthily 80 per cent of the time and eating some junk for 20 per cent of the time.
* Steer clear of conflicts: After the stresses of the holidays, New Year can be the time of year when we rub each other up the wrong way and end up having a number of verbal brawls. Steer clear of them, otherwise you will probably end up comfort eating. Bite your tongue and walk away as soon as you sense you are about to throw a verbal bullet.
* Carry a warning sign: Make yourself a credit card size warning sign that reads, "If you are fat, think before eating." Look at it before you eat to help you control what you consume, and how much. The truth hurts, but the truth is the truth.
* Try on the frock: Just before you sit down to eat at home, pop to the bedroom and try on that dress you are desperate to fit into. Let it motivate you to control your food intake.