The key to ageing gracefully is simple – eat healthy. So make changes in your diet instead of going for Botox for wrinkle treatment, say experts.
Tanu Arora and Zodi have a few suggestions:
* Include certain foods in the diet which are rich in vitamins like riboflavin, niacin and cyanocobalamin. Exclude poor quality of food which causes inflammation and ultimately affects the skin.
* Hydrate the body so as to remove the toxins from the body.
* Skin collagen gets damaged when there is high consumption of sugar and processed carbohydrates, while foods like fruits and vegetables are good for skin.
* Deep fried food can add to inflammation. On the other hand, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low-fat dairy and lean protein can help fight inflammation.
* Lettuce, broccoli, spinach, tomato, watermelon, grapefruit, guava, salmon, chickpea, oatmeal and brown rice help in curbing inflammation.
* A long way to preventing wrinkles is to eat food items like carrots that are loaded with vitamins.
* Almonds and walnuts are rich in Vitamin E and help to fight skin problems.
* Green tea has powerful anti-oxidants to protect skin from damage.
* Yogurt has probiotics that nourish skin from inside and outside.
* Honey is hygroscopic in nature.
* All berries are healthy anti-oxidants. They kill radicals that are in bodies, damaging DNA and cells and causing premature ageing. Berries can fight damages caused by environmental pollutants and toxins.
* Turmeric acts as anti-oxidants.
* Alcohol should be avoided as it creates free radicals which damage cells and accelerates ageing.