Nana Patekar has cancelled a press conference where he was supposed to address the media on the allegations of sexual harassment made against him by actor Tanushree Dutta.

On Sunday, Nana Patekar’s son Malhar sent a text message to the media that read: “Just wanted to inform that there’s no press conference tomorrow… Will let you know about the further proceedings soon.”

The actor was accused of sexually harassing Tanushree Dutta on the sets of Horn ‘OK’ Pleassss in 2008.

Tanushree spoke up about Patekar’s behaviour in an interview in September, in the context of her opinion on #MeToo Movement and sexual harassment against women in Bollywood.

She also filed a written complaint against him last week at the Oshiwara police station, which said: “Nana Patekar’s behavior was inappropriate towards me, he was on the set despite (the fact) his work in the song was over. He grabbed me by the arm and pushed me towards him around on the pretext of teaching me how to dance.”

On his part, Nana Patekar has consistently denied the accusation. Upon being confronted by the media, he said he had answered the questions about it 10 years ago.

“Jhooth toh jhooth hi hai (a lie is a lie),” Nana said.

(With inputs from agencies)