Bollywood actor Salman Khan who was summoned by the Sessions Court judge on July 4 in the Blackbuck poaching case, has given the hearing a miss today.
A Jodhpur court on Friday is taking up Khan’s plea against his conviction in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case. The actor had filed a plea against his conviction by a lower court, which had sentenced him to five years in jail.
However, apprehensions over actor’s appearance before the court already existed, in view of a death threat issued by a gangster, ‘Garry Shooter’, of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang on Facebook last week.
During a hearing on July 4, Sessions Court Judge Chandra Kumar Songara had directed Khan to appear before the court on September 27, failing which his bail plea may be cancelled.
The actor has not appeared before the court since May last year, when he was granted bail. “Khan has not arrived so far and there is no intimation of his arrival,” police said. They said adequate security measures have been made for the actor. Khan is accused of killing two blackbucks during the shooting of Hum Saath Saath Hain in Jodhpur in 1998
Salman’s Bollywood colleagues Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam and Sonali Bendre who accompanied him for hunting, were acquitted by the trial court. Another accused Dushyant Singh, an area resident, was also acquitted.