A minor girl was killed and 11 houses were gutted in a fire mishap at Sompur village under Erasama police limits on Tuesday night.
The fire is suspected to have been sparked from the kitchen of one of the houses and spread to the nearby houses due to the wind.
Houses of Abhya Mallick, Rabi Mallick Asim Mallick , Abhimanyu Mallick and others was completely gutted.
A 12-year-old girl Mamali Mallick who was in class VII, sustained 80 per cent burn injuries and succumbed in SCB medical college and hospital, Cuttack.
She was asleep when the fire engulfed the house. Fire tenders from Erasama, Tirtol and Kujang rushed to the site but by that time the fire doused completely, it had spread over 11 houses reducing them into ashes.
Sarpanch of Sompur panchyat Mr Sarada Prasan Swain has expressed ” we have been rehabilitated the affected families at local school and free kitchen, saris, polythene and other relief materials have been provided the affected families.”