A six-storey under-construction building collapsed along with a four-storey building in Greater Noida on Tuesday, killing at least two people and trapping several others under the debris, officials said.

According to reports, the six-storey under-construction building had fallen on top of the four-storey building next to it. As many as 18 families lived in the four-storey building and many are still feared trapped.

At least 12 labourers were inside the under-construction building in Shah Beri village when the incident took place and it is believed that all of them are trapped under the debris, Chief Fire Officer Arun Kumar Singh said.

The bodies of one woman and two men have been pulled out of the rubble so far. Fire and police officials are carrying out rescue operations.

The police have detained three persons, a builder and his associates, in connection with the collapse.

Minister of State (Independent Charge) Ministry of Culture Mahesh Sharma visited the collapse site on Tuesday night and said, “CM Yogi Adityanath is monitoring the situation. A probe has been ordered into the matter.”


Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed the Gautam Budh Nagar district magistrate and the police to monitor relief and rescue activities along with the National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF) team.

DGP OP Singh has briefed the chief minister about the rescue operation being carried out by police and NDRF personnel.