Business leaders, these days, are tasked to accelerate their business processes and transform their organization for a successful digital facelift. With the pervasiveness of smart devices and employees seeking comfort to be able to do work anywhere, anytime, it has become a pressing need for them to facilitate a boundary-less workplace to their users. In order to enable business leaders address all of this, enterprise mobility comes to the rescue.
This new age technology has advanced from a modest beginning and is on a frenetic roll these days. Driven by high performing smartphones, tablets, and other personal digital assets, mobility enables business users to deliver services on-the-go and cater to customer needs in real-time. In truth, it’s all about responsiveness, accelerated speed, higher employee productivity and enhanced efficiency for business users and customers.
Back to Basics – Prerequisites of an Ideal Mobility Platform
A robust mobility framework will enable your users to access customer data and will facilitate them to send across documents to the next set of users in-line for further processing with ease. Below are the core functionalities to look for in an ideal mobility platform:
- Integration Framework & Adaptors –The chosen platform must provide easy integration framework to integrate mobile apps with back-end systems. This will result in higher responsiveness across your business process.
- Imaging Capabilities -The platform must have libraries of comprehensive imaging features for your field executives to capture high-quality document images. The various components of imaging capabilities include documents & data compression, auto-extraction, auto-photograph detection & cropping, easy offline capturing, quality enhancement, and many others. These capabilities will enable your users to capture data & documents and further process documents in a hassle-free manner.
- Configurability – The platform must have extensive configurability options and should not require major changes or alterations in codes. User interface elements, such as look and feel, batch sizes, enabling and disabling of different options must be easily accessible for users.
- Security – The platform must offer enterprise-grade security features for you to ensure that apps are built and deployed in accordance with security and management policy of your organization.
- Benefits of Implementing Enterprise Mobility the Right Way
- In the age of technological disruptions, while leveraging pervasive enterprise mobility and banishing all kinds of disconnect, you’ll witness improved outcomes and various advantages such as:
- Enhanced Workforce Agility– Your business users will have the flexibility to discard geographical boundaries and perform business activities on-the-fly. This will certainly prolife rate their productivity by a significant margin.
- Reduced Operational Costs – With a mobility platform to rely on, you can enable your users to eliminate the traditional paper-based transactions and operational costs associated with printing scanning and mailing documents. By leveraging the platform, your sales agents and field executives can bring down the overhead expenses significantly, while making operations more robust.
- Increased Sales Opportunities – Mobile offers a multi-faceted sales channel that will not only equip your field agents with tools for a better conversion rate but it will also reduce the sales cycle completion time to increase productivity of your business users
- Higher ROI – You can optimally develop applications on the mobility framework as per needs and demands of your business, and witness improved ROI.
- Customer Delight – Different industries, such as Banking, Insurance, Healthcare, Government, Utilities, etc., have matured into a customer-driven market. Thus, service quality has become the biggest differentiator. Mobility will enable you to deliver superior, real-time customer services, meanwhile keeping your expenses in check.
- Conclusion Drawn
As forward-thinking enterprises are actively embracing mobile technology and embarking on a digital transformation journey, you must also assess your business needs and formulate a concrete mobility strategy. Consider the aforementioned aspects to empower your business users across time zones and geographies, and keep your customers happily engaged.
(The writer Senior Vice-President, Technology, Newgen Software Technologies Limited)