The national level JEE Main Exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) twice a year. The examination was earlier conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). According to the NTA, the January session of the JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in eight sittings from 6-20 January.
The candidates who will appear for the examination must note that the applications for the same will open online on 1 September and the last date to submit the completed applications is 30 September.
The result will most likely be announced in the first week of February. However, these dates are tentative and there has been no official confirmation from the board. For appearing in the JEE Advanced exam 2019, candidates will have to qualify the JEE Main exam.
Some major changes in JEE Main 2019 are:
- Starting in 2019, JEE Main will be conducted by the NTA instead of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The JEE exam will be conducted in the online mode only
- The frequency of the exam has been increased from once to twice in a year and the exam will be conducted in January and April
- Each session will have 8 sittings, with candidates having the option to book their session (only one session allowed though)
- With the exam slated to go completely online, provisions are being made to ensure candidates get familiar to functionalities of the computer-based test through mock tests.
NTA will set up mock test centers across the country in August where candidates can go and practice during the weekends.
What is JEE
The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is the national level competitive test to shortlist engineering aspirants for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes offered across India. Earlier it was known as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). The JEE Mains Result is used to determine rank / score of an engineering aspirant on the basis of which admission is granted into National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs).